The Welsh Government wants to see the Welsh language thrive and is developing new approaches to promote greater use of the language.
One of the key elements of this is a new long-term behaviour change campaign called #PethauBychain.
The campaign is inspired by a famous phrase from our patron saint, St David, "Gwnewch y pethau bychain - Do the little things". The campaign aims to encourage people across the country to share suggestions on how we can all make small changes to increase the everyday use of Cymraeg.
Live, Learn and Enjoy in Cymraeg
There are many different ways that you can support #PethauBychain.
Different ways to use the language in your everyday lives can include:
- Texting and using social media in Welsh
- Choosing the Cymraeg option when withdrawing money at a cashpoint
- Changing your phone, tablet or computer settings to Cymraeg
LearnYou can improve the language skills of you/your family by:
- Choosing Welsh or bilingual education for your child
- Taking a refresher course in written or spoken Welsh
- Wearing a 'Cymraeg' badge to show customers that a bilingual service is available
Celebrate Cymraeg everyday by:
- Visiting one of the many Welsh language festivals across the country
- Downloading or purchasing a new Cymraeg novel or app?
- Supporting Welsh businesses - buy Welsh goods and produce for your home.
Social MediaBy using the hashtag #PethauBychain, you can show your support for the campaign on the following channels: